picture to replace

picture to replace

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Day After

The day after Mother's Day, yesterday, I thought I'd try to call my Mom. Mom will be 92 in July. The last time I called, it was hard for her to hear and impossible to have a conversation.  So I threw in the towel and sent her an email. Easy to read.....no repeating required. 

Well.......yesterday I hit pay dirt! I dialed her on my cell, she answered almost immediately...... and we talked for 40 minutes! Clear as a bell!  No problem at all. What a blessing today's  communications are! We had a wonderful visit. Among other things, we spent time comparing notes on the senior missionary experiences she and Dad had in Holland years ago with the experiences and activities Sister VV and I are having here on the island of Bonaire. It was great! I love my Mom. I love the gospel. l love my wonderful wife. I love the young Elders. More than ever I realize how important knowledge of the truth is, recognizing things as they really are.

A few Sundays ago, as we taught our little group of 5 young men and young women in the Bonaire Branch, we were talking about this. We reviewed the example of gravity. Is it real? What's going to happen as you step off a cliff? We decided that gravity is real, if you believe it or not it will pull you down! Everyone needs to know what's really going on, what's real, the truth.

I know our Father in heaven is real. He is a loving father. He wants us to be happy. He's provided the way, the gospel of Jesus Christ. He wants us to seek him through personal and family prayer, to learn to make right choices so he can bless us, to keep the commandments. That's really what it's all about. 

Mom and Dad taught me the truth. Sister VV and I are having a great experience here on Bonaire hoping to help others know the truth.
It was great talking to Mom, The Day After.

No comments:

Post a Comment